Tuesday 25 May 2010

High street lust #51.


A few weeks ago, I passed by Peacocks and saw a lovely dress in the window. It was the ladies 50s inspired button dress (£18) but the only one left was on the mannequin.

When I saw it, the Grand National (horse derby) was coming up. It would have been pretty and not too OTT when worn with strappy high heels (£22), a sparkly oversized purse bag (£12) and a demure pair of long leather gloves (£6, was £12). Instead of a foofy hat, a butterfly clip (£1) could be fastened to a sweeping up do. Since the English weather is unpredictable, a boyfriend cardigan (£7, was £14) would be a useful backup.

Then after the races, wear the dress with some strappy wedge sandals (£14), some jangly bangles (£7) and some snazzy cut out sunglasses (£5) as you bask in the summer sun.

14 comments:

Hello Naka said...

ahh i loev the dress ^^
I would love it even more if it was blue :3

❖❖мoɴιcα-αι❖❖ said...

I have a floral print dress just like that! Haven't worn it since December hehe
and yes! I think Hawaii is a great honeymoon spot :3 But I really want to go to Paris for my honeymoon <3

Lalli Carvalho said...

voce monta esses looks no polyvore?
Eu AMEI!
Parabens.
seu blog é lindo e fofo.
xoxo

Natasha Gregson said...

Love the dress and the floral print, great selection!! :) xx

Unknown said...

Loveeee floral print <3

xoxo*
http://ivaniadiamond.blogspot.com

;)*

Becky Tjandera said...

Super cute dress! Ahh I wish I had money, I would buy them all! Haha.

❖❖мoɴιcα-αι❖❖ said...

oh wait wait! do you live in Japan?!

and that's great that you went to Paris a lot! I really want to go ><

Sher said...

The dress is so pretty! Florals never go out of style:)

Missing your posts too!

xx

Erin said...

I don't think we have a Peacocks in Ireland but that's where online shopping comes in handy ;) Want the heels (as well as every other thing you have picked out)!

Love love love,

Erin

x

Marina J. Gonçalves said...

This dress is adorable! :) and I love boyfriend cardigan.

xxx,
Marina J.G.

Queen of Hearts said...

Great post ;D

Can you follow me and i'll follow you too ? : b

HAVE A NICE DAY XOXO

Unknown said...

love love love the dress!


raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

Ken said...

come back soon!

Becca. said...

i want that floral dress, it's beautiful. love your blog!
XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk