Tuesday 2 November 2010

Boom even brighter than the moon.


Camisole - Gap
Skirt - H&M
Tights - Topshop
Shoes - Hush Puppies
Tiara - HK
Nail varnish - Rimmel
Facepaints and fake blood - Wilkinsons

I was invited to a friend's friend's Hallowe'en party and I didn't want to go as something scary, but the point of wearing a costume for Hallowe'en is to be creepy so I went for something in the middle and went as a zombie ballerina. It's a good balance between spooky and pretty. It was easy enough to do since I could pull the costume together using things I already own and just needed to buy some face paints.

Originally I was going to wear my pink tulle skirt, but I'd had a big meal that day and it didn't fit. Plus the black works better anyway. I had so much fun with the make up though! I gave myself black eyes and lips and drew stitches all over my body. Then I dribbled some fake blood out of my mouth. The only problem was the white face paint wasn't that white. And it was a cold night. Still, I kept warm whilst laughing with a wicked ringmaster, two black cats, a pumpkin swordsman, a paedo tiger, Bill Compton, a double headed vampire and various other ghoulies.



I had too much fun doing these ballerina poses.

23 comments:

Selma Janina said...

great pictures! Great Halloween make up! xXx bisous!

daisychain said...

wonderful costume! I wish I'd had a reason to dress up.

Martina said...

Great costume!!! I agree with you, I always try to look for usual and scary characters, it's too boring to dress like a vampire every year! you look great!

the ineffable soul said...

fab costume, i did the same as you by just putting 'zombie' in front of my normal fancy dress :p x

Anonymous said...

You look brilliant! And this is such a good costume idea. Love the make-up too. I didn't get to go to a party this year, maybe next year. xxx

Hello Naka said...

i love the tiara/crown ^^

u look so pretty and creepy :p u look great as a ballerina :3

Gorgeous Glam said...

Great costume!xo

Cherry said...

A ballerina is a great idea for a costume! I'll save that idea for future reference!

Alma said...

Cool outfit! I really love the ideea!

Sher said...

Lol, how is it that you still managed to look girly and adorable for halloween? Love this to bits:)

xx

Sophie said...

LOVE this costume! Love the girl, cute mix of the ballerina with a zombie. Brilliant. xo

pearls-and-timepieces.blogspot.com

Becky Tjandera said...

LOL super fun costume ! I love the idea :D

Imogen said...

This is such a perfect outfit and I hope you had a fun time. I love your hair style too. I wish I had a reason to dress up as a ballerina.

o said...

Omgosh, this is awesome!! It's definitely the perfect balance:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a cute ballerina outfit! I love how you made it into a zombie ballerina costume! Fun!

Natasha Gregson said...

What a great idea!! The make-up is amazing :) xx

jess said...

Great costume. For Halloween I was Dorothy.

Elekon said...

Oh this is such a cute costume, very feminine:)

www.elekonchicboutique.com

Andreia said...

Adorable pics!


http://makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

What a great costume!!!

Just Like a True Star

❖❖мoɴιcα-αι❖❖ said...

brilliant costume! and you used to take up in ballet?? your poses seem so flawless. i'd look so awkward in those haha

thanks for the video comment :3 you're so sweet. how much did you end up paying for the wig? my long wigs tend to get tangled too :( I try to comb it before and after i use them. but they're starting to look crimped and dry. but still do-able seeing that i've had them for almost a year.

Sher said...

I just wanted to say that I really miss your posts, hope you come back to us soon:)

xx

Anonymous said...

really reminds of black swan movie :)